Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lesson Four

Tonight was my fourth lesson. I didn't learn anything new though. My instructor told me I have already learned everything in the last three lessons that would normally take the six that make up Adult Basic One. So tonight I just practiced the things I have already learned. I started out with gliding on one foot, backward swizzles to backward skating, two foot turns, and crossovers on a circle.

We also practiced pivots which is my favorite. It turns you in a circle as fast as you choose to go.
I mostly noticed that I am feeling more comfortable on the ice. I didn't feel like I lost my balance at all. That shows me how much I have improved. If the next two lessons are the same and I just learn to feel comfortable moving on the ice then I know that the lessons were well worth the time.

I was a little hesitant going today because it was only 24 degrees out today. The thought of going to a cold ice rink wasn't too appealing. The cold kept me from practicing this week. I was a wimp. But I just made sure to dress warmly and keep moving.

I will try to get a practice in this week. I am hoping that it will help keep me trim! Always a bonus if you are having fun as well. Hope you are inspired to try this or a new interest as well. Until next time, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment