Wednesday, February 11, 2009

On to Basic 2

I had my last ice skating lesson in the Adult Basic 1 class. I did receive a patch too, but it looks different from the one above. So now I am proficient in snowplow stops, forward one foot glides, forward and backward swizzles, right and left pumps, and forward pivots on each foot. Of course I learned all this by the third lesson but practice is always good.
I am finding that learning to skate backwards is not so easy for me. In Basic 2 I will have to skate backwards and do backward pumps. Also will have to glide on one foot backwards. I have a feeling I will not be whizzing through those sessions. I am trying to teach myself some of these things so I don't look to "duh" in class. Of course the class size isn't too big. I was the only basic 1 student this time so they combined me with basic 2. Hopefully I won't be the only basic 2 student.
It is a lot of fun and is the only exercise I get. I go and practice about once a week for an hour. I know I should go more, but I am still not used to going out in this cold weather! Brr. I also have been working on my resume and looking for a job. Not to mention I'm still unpacking boxes! Looking forward to my next set of lessons. We skip a week before they start. So, for now I will continue to practice and look forward when I can actually place a video on this page of me doing any type of jump or spin! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment