Friday, March 6, 2009

New Basic 2 class

Here I am in the second week and haven't updated my blog. This class is so different from the first. Last time there were 4 of us and I was the only basic 1. It was kind of an easy class for me and I just did the basic 2 stuff along with the rest. This time I am the only basic 2 in a class with 4 basic 1's. But it is a different instructor. She has us doing things way beyond basic 2. I hope I pass this class. And of the 4 basic 1 students only 2 really are. Two ladies are from Australia. They have great accents! Anyway one has been figure skating for 15 years and can do anything you think of. She only took the class to be in with her friend. Her friend has been playing hockey for years so she has a good sense of balance and going fast on skates. Our instructor is only 20 years old, but very nice. But she is pushing us because of the advanced students. I don't mind but do feel bad for the 2 very beginners. On the first day she was expecting them to go backwards and do pivots. They can barely stand up! I only have had a chance to go to the rink for an hour of practice. I will have to try to go tomorrow or I will fall behind. She looked at me last week and told me to try and do a one foot spin. I looked at her like she was crazy as I can barely do a two foot spin! But she told me to keep practicing the two foot and then just lift one foot up for a second and put it back down. I need practice, practice, practice. But I love it and it is going to be a huge challenge this time around. So hopefully I will get more comfortable with this as it isn't going to be the breeze the last class was! LOL Just when you think you're hot you get humbled! Good luck with your challenges. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment