Saturday, May 2, 2009

Basic 3

As usual, I am way behind in writing here. I passed Basic 2 with flying colors. Now I am in Basic 3 and already have figured out that I would like to take it twice. It is much harder and I have not had much practice time. I am the only Basic 3 with a Basic 4 student. So student to instructor ratio is excellent. Especially since last week it was just me and I had a private lesson. It was a fun class.
I learned forward progressives. This is basically a fun forward skated with a crossover thrown in every 3 steps. I find it fun to do and it looks harder than it is. It is also graceful looking. I am also trying to do a mohawk. This is when you go around a curve on one foot but turn quickly and finish the curve on the other foot. Not so easy. At least not for me. I need more help with my one foot backward glides. I am also working on my backward crossovers and am just starting to get the hang of them. I keep getting told that when I finally learn these moves that I will think skating backwards is more fun than forward. We shall see.
I am loving my new skates. They finally are feeling broken in and I have learned not to lace them so tight. Makes for better skating.
Was sick last weekend and family in town this weekend so not sure if I will get to practice at all this week. Work has been busy and not been able to find the time to go to the rink, since they are only open in the evenings on Wednesday. Really, they need better hours for those of us who work.
Anyways, I am plugging along and enjoying my class. Hope you have found a fun and fulfilling challenge as well. Best of luck, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment